Annonce

Réduire
Aucune annonce.

if you had to choose between these wagons???

Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• if you had to choose between these wagons???

Hi gang, well soon be in the market again for a second car as our passat wagons' lease is coming to term. We would like to get another wagon and are contemplating between a few candidates:
    VW Jetta wagon (2000-2005) FWD or 4motion
    VW passat " " "
    Volvo V40,V50,v70 xc70

i know these are a few different models, but wanted to get some opinions...we haven't had any issues with our 2007 VW passat 2.0T....so VW is still in the picture and i know this is a volvo forum but i'm open to other ideas..
    thanks
    oh our budget is up to 11K
    fabs

I've heard the Vw's 4 motion were very reliable... still not comparable to the Audi's Quattro system, but anyway. For luxury my choice would obviously be the Passat. Why don't you get the new Golf wagon ? They are amazing... but didn't heard much about them.

If you're looking to get the AWD system with the V50's, take a look for the pump (?), it looks they're weak and some members had issues with it. Otherwise you can ask rj240, he loves his V50 T5 AWD.
    Envoyé par Mudstrap
    Y a pas grand char qui me passe sur la route.

Commentaire

Bon bien je vais partir le débat ....si vous voulez conserver la voiture sur le long terme et bien une Volvo c'est mieux ! :bigthumpup:

From my stand point and to initiate discussions if you want to keep the car on the long term then a Volvo is better ....

PS:

Je comprends que vous voulez acheter usagé plutôt que de louer.

I understand that you want to buy used instead of leasing.

Commentaire

I'm probably a little bit biased...

But I do love my V50 T5 AWD 6-speed...

It's been a great car, actually more reliable than I had expected...

But you cant really go wrong with any of the Volvo models that you listed...V40, V50, V70, XC70...
        15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
        Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
        1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Hi guys, yes we will be buying second-hand. The sales rep at VW tried to convince us on leasing a new golf wagon, and as much as i've heard good things about the 2.5L engine, it's out of our budget and i'm not a fan on leasing..prefer to buy.
          I'm not sure how VW's will do long term though...i know that volvo's do hold up pretty good long term, so we will see...
          RJ..i know you've mentioned your V50 before...might keep an eye on those too.
          I will have to see what the better-half wants to do and what the VW dealer comes back with. As for the 4motion, i know it's now quite like the audi system but i hear it's darn good!
          fabs

Commentaire

VW's are nice, they have this feel about them; a nice drive. Owning one is like owning an Apple product, you feel like you belong/that you have something special others don't.

Our 2000 Passat was a great car. I loved it. Forest green with two-tone beige leather interior with the V6 - all it was missing was the sunroof and the AWD. But it was just too expensive for what it was to maintain. Dealer charged me $100 for oil changes. Yes, I pay that much now for the Volvo, but I get synthetic! The timing belt took 2 days and required the ENTIRE front end to be removed; cost us $1,000 at an indi shop! I hated getting rid of it, but my wife wanted something less expensive to maintain.

Volvo's are more confortable, quieter. They offer a more relaxing driving experience and are the best long distance vehicle I have driven.

If I were you, I would not look at anything smaller the the V70 or XC70, it will feel tight. As for the V vs. XC, they are the same vehicle, one is dressed for a night out, the other for the cabin.

PS: VW's 4Motion is the same as Volvo's AWD, ie: the Haldex system. Only some older VW's - such as my old Passat had the Audi Quattro system. Except on the Touareg which has a balistic capable AWD.
            XC90 2.5T

Commentaire

Pinstripe....really? i thought the VW's had the torson system? or maybe the older models like you mentioned.....
              I too was thinking of the V or xc in terms of size as we have a little girl and hopefully anotherone sometime soon. so size does help i guess...
              My wifes only gripe with my car is the turning radius in that it's a bit harder to maneuver...but i also test drove an xc70 a while back with 16" tires on it and handled super well! better then my car????:scratch: go figure..

I do agree that VW's are a bit more on the maintenance front compared to the volvo's...i also find that working on a volvo, even just looking underneith the hood, it seems to be a more "mechanic/user friendly" engine to work on..

did you have any major issues with the passat though "engine not starting", "sludge buildup"? how did you find the V6 engine?
              thanks
              fabs

Commentaire

If the turning radius is an issue, better have her try it really good before you pick one... I can't say my Venus turns on a dime...

My 2 cents worth (no pun intended!)

Commentaire

Nope. It always worked, no sludge problems. Had strong power that came on smoothly, I particularly liked the mid range.

Turning radius, ha! Try our XC90 if you want a laugh, needs two postal codes. But my wife has yet to complain about that/or even notice it for that matter - she's just happy with the vehicle.

Haldex on all current gen VW's except the Touareg/Pheaton.
                  XC90 2.5T

Commentaire

For me, my choice was the XC70 instead of a VW Passat Wagon for the following reasons:
                    -The ride is very nice and soft (a lot better than the VW)
                    -It's safer in a crash than a Passat Wagon
                    -It looks better than the VW (for my opinion)

-The 2.5T with 208 HP feels a lot faster and feels like it as a lot more torque than the 2.0T VW engine
                    -It's better equiped for the price (USED)
                    -It as a lot of room in the trunk (i think a bit more than the VW)
                    -The interior is better looking than the VW

-And most important VW's are NOT reliable. I know someone that knows someone who has a 2007 VW Jetta. One day, it was not cold outside about 15 Celcius. She tried to start her car, and nothing hapenned. All the electric was Buggerd up. It cost her 5000$ to fix. And think about it, it was not an old car it was only 2 years old (it happened last year).

So thats what i think. If you have any question on the XC70 feel free to contact me by PM, i always look at them.

Cadillac STS-4 V8 AWD 2005
                    Volvo S70 2.4M SE 1998 Vendu!
                    Volvo S80 T6 2004 Vendu!
                    Volvo S80 V8 AWD 2008
                    Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD 2007

Commentaire

DIEU... my wifes car has the 2.0T and i must say, between her car and mine, i find her car to be way more peppy then mine...i think due to the fact that it's a little lighter, smaller size engine (4cyl, 2.0) and probably a more "full" pressured turbo...BUT i do prefer my ride comfort and handling...i find my car more heavier then the VW..
                      I must say that in terms of reliability, i think the volvo is better
                      fabs

Commentaire

Envoyé par chef Voir le message
                        DIEU... my wifes car has the 2.0T and i must say, between her car and mine, i find her car to be way more peppy then mine...i think due to the fact that it's a little lighter, smaller size engine (4cyl, 2.0) and probably a more "full" pressured turbo...BUT i do prefer my ride comfort and handling...i find my car more heavier then the VW..
                        I must say that in terms of reliability, i think the volvo is better
                        fabs
                        What is your car?

Volvo S80 T6 2004 Vendu!
                        Volvo S80 V8 AWD 2008
                        Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD 2007

Commentaire

I have a 2006 V70 2.5T.....

Commentaire

Envoyé par chef Voir le message
                            I have a 2006 V70 2.5T.....
                            Im not shure to understand, did you bought your new car?

Volvo S80 T6 2004 Vendu!
                            Volvo S80 V8 AWD 2008
                            Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD 2007

Commentaire

Hey, no i bought it over a year ago..i got it used with about 57k km on the clock...

Commentaire

Chargement...
                              X