got my exhaust today..woohoo!

Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

thanks for that...it was just the muffler that i wasn't sure on..will go see the guys tomorrow to shorten the brackets and have a good look to see the rest.
    fabs

Commentaire

update...

well went to another exhaust shop to see what could be done with the drone. Went to go see the boys at rawtek, Rick was really cool and explained what could be done. Brought in the car today and when i drove her home, it's just where i want the sound level to be. it's much quieter inside, yet you can still hear the exhaust puuuring along and sounds good at WOT!
      Thumbs up to the boys at Rawtek
      very happy
      fab
      pics to come....

Commentaire

Keeewl!
        2001V70T5M
        Vitres teintées - Feux de croisement + route + brouillard HID 4300k - Éclairage intérieur en LED - Système d'entrée d'air "Ultra-Flo" (EST) - Bushing support de moteur HD + Strut Brace Kit en polyuréthane (Powerflex EST) - 3" Intake Pipe (SNABB) - 3" Downpipe (OBX) avec catalyseur "Hi-flow" (Vibrant) - 2 1/2" Silencieux inoxydable (EST) - Amortisseurs Koni jaunes ajustables - Ressorts courts Eibach / Volvo - Subframe Bushing Inserts en polyuréthane (IPD) - Embrayage court (Snabb)

Commentaire

je vien d'ecouter SOUNDS AWESOME
          98 S70 T5SE
          honda S2000 2000

Commentaire

Thanks Steve, yup, pretty happy with the over-all sound, just right inside and out, they way it should be..thanks again
            fabs

Commentaire

observation...

Benn noticing for a few days now, that since i got the exhaust done, the car seems to be running a bit easier. I'll be going quietly down the highway, look down, the rpm's are at 2500, and i'm doing 130km/h....quite surprised, but i guess this is also good for the life of the engine?
              fabs

Commentaire

Envoyé par chef Voir le message
                Benn noticing for a few days now, that since i got the exhaust done, the car seems to be running a bit easier. I'll be going quietly down the highway, look down, the rpm's are at 2500, and i'm doing 130km/h....quite surprised, but i guess this is also good for the life of the engine?
                fabs
                Your car is able to exhale much easier, the turbo-back exhaust in your case is good for at least 10-15hp...
                15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
                Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
                1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Hi ROger, i see you're not sleeping in today? hahahah i know with family, it's tough..haha
                  ya i guess the car is breathing a bit better, i even notice that it's starting to settle itself in with the new mods..i think they take time to see the changes made. For the HP, not sure, when i spoke to Paul he said it should only give you about 4-5 hp??? i thoought it would be more then that? but i do find the car responds a bit quicker now..
                  fabs

Commentaire

Hi ROger, i see you're not sleeping in today? hahahah i know with family, it's tough..haha
                    ya i guess the car is breathing a bit better, i even notice that it's starting to settle itself in with the new mods..i think they take time to see the changes made. For the HP, not sure, when i spoke to Paul he said it should only give you about 4-5 hp??? i thoought it would be more then that? but i do find the car responds a bit quicker now..
                    fabs
                    On a car like yours with a Stage 1 type tune, I would say that a downpipe combined with a catback exhaust should get you 10-15 hp...

Not to mention the fact that the turbo should spool up much quicker, making it a lot more responsive...

Keep in mind I've always found Upsolute's numbers to be a little optimistic. IPD used to publish numbers for their tunes that were quite a bit lower than Upsolute's (and up until very recently, I would have considered IPD's tunes to be the best you could get...). And on top of it, they always said that if you didn't have a cat-back exhaust, to deduct 10 hp from their advertised numbers...

I would say that Upolute's numbers are more accurate when combined with a cat-back exhaust...
                    15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
                    Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
                    1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Ya i figured that the numbers might also be a little "out there" if you will. I now notice the turbo spooling sound, much more then before. The wierd thing is that before (stock), the sound would be more faint BUT i would get a bit more that "seat of your pants" pull at WOT, where as now, i hear the turbo more, the car IS pulling well, but don't get that "pulling" feeling...strange...lack of backpressure?
                      fab

Commentaire

Thanks guys...yai notice that it revs up a bit more easier...i was cruizing along and didn't seem to rev much and was doing about 125km/h
                        WEZOO..yes i did ask him a while ago and said that it didn't need an upgrade..the computer will recalculate as it should...
                        marius...what's up bro???? how are you...yesi will take some pics soon...
                        ciao
                        fabs
                        Hey Fabs...hope all is well - been a while.

I got my exhaust line done a few weeks ago as well (I have the EST DP and Touring V70R catback system with resonator).

Car sounds great, no drone but def louder than it was stock. Car feels like it's smoother and I have definitely noticed an improvement in performance overall.

EST has a tune when you change the exhaust line and I can honestly say it reduced drone, backfire and the car feels like it spools up faster... double check the tune question, it was a great improvement for me. We should hook up and compare our beasts
                        S60 T6 AWD Polestar - Cuivre Vibrant! Venez nous rencontrer chez Auto Publique au 2354 Curé Labelle à Laval!

Commentaire

Yup sounds great, maybe some time next week? Ya the car does drive a bit smoother too find, just sometimes, i guess due to the electric throttle body, it seems like it doens't know what to do..downshift and all. As for my tune, i was told that the car will just relearn on its own. Take care..i'll send you a line later on in the week.ciao
                          fabs

Commentaire

Chargement...
                          X