• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• carburetor problem 1984 240DL

the other day i was playing around with some stuff under the hood while the

car was in idle...

on the carb thers a rubber hose coming out of it (the gas line)

5 inches long then there is this plastic piece so you can see if gas is going

through ... there was a loose tie wrap holding the rubber hose so i moved it

around and tightened it ...which made the air bubble in the plastic piece go

into the carb and ever since that happened it wont start ...did it maybe mess

around with the float in the carb?

pour ceux qui parle francais...bref..un bul dair a rentrer dans le carbu...puis y part pu maintenant ..

Commentaire

You're most likely sucking air from the joint between the hose and the platic piece. Try checking to make sure the hose isn't cracked and then reattach it to the plastic piece with a proper hose clamp.
      '99 V70R (auto courante)
      '98 V70 xc (vendu)
      '03 S40 (vendu)
      '83 245 GL diesel (vendu)
      '88 744 GL (vendu)
      '86 745 turbo (morte :-( )
      '86 245 DL (vendu)

Commentaire

the car was on and i moved the air bubble into the carb by accident while moving it around ...

Commentaire

The mechanical fuel pump pushed that air bubble in the carb easily. I beleive the pressure is around 2-3 psi, not sure for now (I would have to check in my documentation)

That is not the problem.

Try to inject a jet of fuel in the carb and then turn on the key to start the engine. It should start and burn that fuel. If the engine stop after a couple of seconds then you could look inside the carburator. If it never start the problem may be on the ignition side. I drive a 1982 b21a.

Commentaire

It's going to sound stupid but did you try to put it back the way it was ? maybe when you moved the line it created to much restriction and now the fuel pump isn't strong enought to get the fuel to the carb.

also as Richardpro said you should try to put fuel in the carburator directly, it should get it running.

Commentaire

Chargement...
            X