Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• brake force

Just wanted to know, between the left and right front brakes, when applying brakes, should they have the same brake force distribution? I saw today at my friends garage, with the tires off and a constant (not full) brake pressure on the pedal, the drivers side turned (very slightly) and the pass side had a bit more play in it...one of the techs there said it's normal cause of the different lenghts in the drive shafts...is this normal? thanks
    fabs

No its not !! The diferential is f**** u need a new transmission !! Lol , stop to worry about too many things and become a mechanic u will understand better what u see and how things work on cars !!
    1966 VOLVO 122S !! Get ready ! something fast and low !
    1992 Nissan Silvia !! New Toy For Big Boy ( rb26 swap )
    1992 NISSAN GTi-R
    -->Services Volvo Heaven Tuning Shop<--

Commentaire

Marius... you're right, i would like to say "i can look at Marius and maybe learn from him"...but i've seen what you do to cars...throwing parts in the garbage and all...hahahah just kidding....but seriously...is this a normal thing? thanks
      fabs
      p.s. GET BACK TO WORK!!!

Commentaire

Driveshaft and caliper aren't related at all when it come to braking.

The different driveshaft length will cause some torquesteer when the car reach is maximum torque.

The shorter driveshaft will twist less then the long one thus causing one wheel to transfer power to the ground before the other one.

You might have to grease the caliper pin so it slide properly, or your brake pads are sitting fully on the disc.

Commentaire

Hey Jeff...thanks for the reply...now that i think about it.,i think that due to the bad control arm bushing on the drivers side, i think the right brakes where taking more of a hit, so they had more wear than the left side....i didn't check to see if they are even now that the control arms where changed and installed new pads all around...does this sound right???
          fab

Commentaire

Chargement...
          X