Annonce

Réduire
Aucune annonce.

car still pulls to right when braking...HEEELLPP!!!

Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• car still pulls to right when braking...HEEELLPP!!!

Hi everyone, well it's been some time now that i've been having this problem and can't seem to fix it....

When driving (at higher speeds) and apply the brakes the nose of the car pulls hard to the right and it scares the crap outta me! if i let go of the wheel when driving the car runs straight (no pulling)...it only happens when braking..i guess i feel it more when at higher speeds...

what i've done (repairs/maint) since i've noticed this:

had left hub changed (not oem) had to add shims too, and did alignment
    had a man-hole bang under the front left tire area (twice..long story)
    i bled the brake system twice (once me once dealer)..they said calipers where ok.
    had front left control arm changed (not oem)
    this week had all pads and rotors changed (not oem)
    and had them (not dealership) check calipers..said it was okay

I don't know what else to do or to look at??? any ideas?
    i have mags on for the winter on my nokian hakka studs.
    anything? bent/cracked rim? bad steel belt in tire? calipers??? maybe had bad alignment?
    thanks
    fabs

when you accelerate is your car going left? when you make wide turn do you hear something weird?? if yes it can by a (cardan) dont know that word in english (universal joint) maybee...
    good luck
    -->s60 t5m-nouveau turbo, nouvelle clutch
    ELEVATE tune
    Konig heatsink 18'
    autometer competition serie
    turbosmart 18 psi
    silicon tubbing
    support moteur eurethane
    snabb short shifter
    snabb intake
    carbon fiber strutbar
    Obx downpipe 3''
    eibach lowering kit
    = 2e set de pneu cette été
    -->855 t5 aka la toolwagon winter beater

Commentaire

Phil..when i accelerate it goes straight..doesn't pull to a side...and when turning there is no noise...
      fabs

Commentaire

ok inspect your tab check if the bushing still in good condition...
        ELEVATE tune
        Konig heatsink 18'
        turbosmart 18 psi
        silicon tubbing
        support moteur eurethane
        snabb short shifter
        snabb intake
        carbon fiber strutbar
        Obx downpipe 3''
        eibach lowering kit

Commentaire

I have a similar problem , it looks like it is the rear trailing arm bushing. The other day I pushed the car to 160 kph and when I touch the brakes the car kind of want to turn right ...

I don't know if this can help !

Commentaire

GAB..i know that one of the mechanics mentioned something about that..that there was something with the rear bushing??? have you changed yours? did it correct the problem? also..how do you inspect those bushings?

thanks
            fabs

Commentaire

When my trailer arm bushings were above than dead it was not doing that issue.
              Envoyé par Mudstrap
              Y a pas grand char qui me passe sur la route.

Commentaire

tire pressure???
                so can tire pressure make that much of a difference? i'm at work but went out to look for fun...the left side was at about 31 LBS and the right side was up to about 34 LBS..i didn't drive my car yet, but do you think this little mount would cause that much of a difference and cause the problem????
                thanks
                fabs

Commentaire

Really dont think so!!!
                  ELEVATE tune
                  Konig heatsink 18'
                  turbosmart 18 psi
                  silicon tubbing
                  support moteur eurethane
                  snabb short shifter
                  snabb intake
                  carbon fiber strutbar
                  Obx downpipe 3''
                  eibach lowering kit

Commentaire

Envoyé par chef Voir le message
                    GAB..i know that one of the mechanics mentioned something about that..that there was something with the rear bushing??? have you changed yours? did it correct the problem? also..how do you inspect those bushings?

thanks
                    fabs
                    Sorry I didn't changed them yet , I don't really use my car so I'll wait before spend a lot of money on that.

But seriously , when I apply the brake at fast speed of very strong at any speed , the back pull and it looks like it want to turn right.

I'm not a mecanic , I know nothing about that , sorry

Commentaire

I can change your trailing arm bushings if required, I got the special tool.

I would say that you probably need to bleed your brakes. Be careful there is a specific order to do so.

Commentaire

EUROTRIP..thanks but i just had the front and rear links/bushings changed this past week and still have the same problem...I also have my brakes bled...twice..once by me and once by dealer. If i do have to bleed the brakes, do i need to do all 4 at a time or can i just do the front left and right side? thanks
                        fabs

Commentaire

Quand on en est rendu là, avec toutes les opérations que tu as faites, il reste une chose souvent mésestimée: les pneus.

Juste pour voir: fait une rotation de tes roues/pneus et vois si la conduite change en tout ou en partie. C'est con à dire, mais des pneus finis (ou en voie de l'être) vont affecter la conduite de façon assez surprenante. Ça m'est arrivé, et à mon père aussi.

Si ton volant "shake", c'est un signe.
                          C70 1998 - Rouge corail, T5M, 200 500 km, plein de petites modifs!
                          V70 2002 - Argent, vraiment de base! - Le char 4 saisons! 321 000km
                          780 Bertone 1989 - écrasé par l'hiver - JE ME SOUVIENS - projet de restauration d'été 2009-2010-2011-...-2020
                          745T 1991 - le fidèle char d'hiver - 320 000 km - VENDU!
                          C70 1998 - écrasé par l'hiver - JE ME SOUVIENS

Commentaire

LUCAS..no not the tires....j'avis mes pneus d'hiver (nokia hakka studs) neuves...it was worst then with my summer tires that i install last week ( on 17 inch mags, low profile tire.) it still does it now but not as bad as the winters (softer rubber??)...i also did balace and alignement and still does it..
                            fabs

Commentaire

Front control arm bushing checked?

Commentaire

Chargement...
                              X