Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• volvo 850 turbo overheating

hello i have a 1995 volvo 850 t5 ... my heating has compltetly stopped working including the blower ... the two lights flash for 20 secs, and my coolant boils over ... i dont see white smoke out the back so i dont think its a head gasket ....
    ive been told its my thermostat ..would that stop the heater from working

need some help here !!!

Commentaire

The heater blower itself is electronic so i dont see why it wouldnt be working...what 2 lights flash?If the thermostat has locked closed then yes it will make the car overheat but I dont know why the blower motor would stop working???
      Dernière modification par Cossack850, 28 janvier 2011, 12h26.
      90 Volvo 744TIM
      89 Volvo 745TIM
      72 Volvo 142E

Commentaire

If the thermostat fails usually the engine will remain cold and it will affect the heater temperature but I don't think it will 'boil' or cause engine overheat... this is my perception, ask rj240 he knows better. Last year I've changed my thermostat on the same car same year and it never did your issue.
        And by the way me too sometimes when I start the car the 2 lights are flashing for about 20 seconds. I've already asked rj240 but I forgot his answer
        Envoyé par Mudstrap
        Y a pas grand char qui me passe sur la route.

Commentaire

Envoyé par ExaudiMeam Voir le message
          If the thermostat fails usually the engine will remain cold and it will affect the heater temperature but I don't think it will 'boil' or cause engine overheat... this is my perception, ask rj240 he knows better. I got my thermostat changed last year on the same car same year and it never did your issue.
          And by the way me too sometimes when I start the car the 2 lights are flashing for about 20 seconds. I've already asked rj240 but I forgot his answer

When a thermostat fails it can either go 1 of 2 ways,1-remains open=no heat 2-stays closed=overheat
          90 Volvo 744TIM
          89 Volvo 745TIM
          72 Volvo 142E

Commentaire

Envoyé par Cossack850 Voir le message
            When a thermostat fails it can either go 1 of 2 ways,1-remains open=no heat 2-stays closed=overheat
            The OEM thermostats are "fail-safe", therefore they will fail open...
            15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
            Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
            1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Envoyé par ExaudiMeam Voir le message
              The lights flash to indicate that there is a fault somewhere in the climate control system...
              15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

I would check the overheating problem first, and then the blower issue...they may be related...

Is your cooling fan working? I would start there...

Commentaire

i am sending the car into deo and ill see what they say .. they already told me its a good chance its my thermostat

Commentaire

Envoyé par 850turbo Voir le message
                    i am sending the car into deo and ill see what they say .. they already told me its a good chance its my thermostat
                    That's cool...Donny and Shawn will take good care of you...

[i]Écrit depuis mon BlackBerry

Commentaire

Chargement...
                    X