Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Volvo V40..need opinons...

Hi everyone, as the lease my wife's volk passat will be ending soon i would like to get her into a volvo. For our budget and wanted to keep in the wagon segment, i was looking into the V40's. i know they are older cars but most of the reviews i've read about them have been positive. i just wanted to get your opinion on this car.thanks
    fab

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law both drive V40s, and they are extremely satisfied...

Very reliable, solid cars. Fun to drive!
    15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
    Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
    1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

salut

Hi,

Welcome into the Volvo club

I have a V40 for past months and I'm realy happy.

The problem is to find a clean car. I have looking and made an inspection on some and the condition was terrible.

You must be patient and take your time to look carefuly.

Don't forget a rust protection

Good luck

Commentaire

fabs, find 1 and drive it, shouldnt dissapoint and as always INSPECT POTENTIAL BUY'S
        98 S70 T5SE
        honda S2000 2000

Commentaire

Hi guys, ya i know they seem to be a little bit harder to come by, but an inspection is a must, and knowing my better-half, if i don't and there's a problem, i'll be a dead man!! haahaha
          i think it'll be a good choice for her as it is a slightly smaller car, smaller yet peppy engine, probably maneuvers well and is a wagon to boot!
          unless we can snag a V50 at an awesome price..hmmmm maybe..
          fabs

Commentaire

The V40 is a good car, but be carefull. I don't want to say bad things on the V40 but you got to remember that it's based on the Mitsubishi Carisma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Carisma. If i were you i would look more at a Volvo V70 for two reason, i think it's more reliable and it's a lot more easy to find a clean one.

Cadillac STS-4 V8 AWD 2005
            Volvo S70 2.4M SE 1998 Vendu!
            Volvo S80 T6 2004 Vendu!
            Volvo S80 V8 AWD 2008
            Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD 2007

Commentaire

Envoyé par jpcool97 Voir le message
              The V40 is a good car, but be carefull. I don't want to say bad things on the V40 but you got to remember that it's based on the Mitsubishi Carisma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Carisma. If i were you i would look more at a Volvo V70 for two reason, i think it's more reliable and it's a lot more easy to find a clean one.
              And your observations are based on what? Personal experience?

For your information, the S40/V40 series are amongst the most reliable cars that Volvo has built. The fact that these cars were built in conjunction with Mitsubishi is probably the reason why this car does not suffer from the usual Volvo weaknesses...

I would tend to strongly disagree with you. I believe, from my 10+ years of personal experience working for Volvo, that the V40 is more reliable than the average P2 V70...

My $0.02 worth...
              15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Hey RJ....i agree, from different different reviews that i have read, the V40 was a really good reliable solid car....i think it's a good size too...as i said, i would also consider the V50's but they are a little out of our budget.
                fab

Commentaire

Envoyé par rj240 Voir le message
                  that the V40 is more reliable than the average P2 V70...

My $0.02 worth...

Yes, I agree with that... of course... I have one of each (V40 2001 and V70 2006)

Commentaire

It's only normal...less technology, less things to break!

Why do you think Civic's and Corolla's are so reliable? They are very simple cars...

[i]Écrit depuis mon BlackBerry

Commentaire

Envoyé par rj240 Voir le message
                      Why do you think Civic's and Corolla's are so reliable? They are very simple cars...
                      +1 for RJ240

Cadillac STS-4 V8 AWD 2005
                      Volvo S70 2.4M SE 1998 Vendu!
                      Volvo S80 T6 2004 Vendu!
                      Volvo S80 V8 AWD 2008
                      Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD 2007

Commentaire

i agree..and i think it also has to do with the way they are setup (engine/tranny program).
                        fab

Commentaire

that's what i can't figure out.,,why does an aisen tranny last forever on a toyota lets say, but have difficulty in a volvo! unsolved mysteries! hahah
                          fab

Commentaire

And also I need to add that having seen many v40's that were involved in serious accidents, the Volvo safety is definitely there!

[i]Écrit depuis mon BlackBerry

Commentaire

Hey RJ...i'll keep an eye out if you get any for sale at work...
                              fab

Commentaire

Chargement...
                              X