Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Replacing Ball Joint XC90

I am planning on replacing a ball joint and the front stablizer links(IDP upgrades).

I was looking at Vadis instructions and found that there are so many SPECIAL TOOLS to tackle that job. The links are pretty straight forward.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to replacing the ball joint?

Thanks,

Dante1

Hi,

I have replaced the 2 ball joints on my Volvo S60 T5.

You don't need any special tool: you need a rachet, a hammer, ascrewdriver, metal hose plumbing .

-Take off the brake discs & the calipers (you need a rachet)
    -Unscrew the 2 bolts of the ball joint in the spindle (you need a rachet)
    -Unscrew the main bolt of the ball joint then hit each side of the ball joint with a hammer and a screwdriver to separate the ball joint from the spindle.
    -Unscrew 1 bolt of the front link kit.
    -Unscrew the bolt of the axel to separate the axel from the spindle.
    -Pry down the table by putting a metal bar in the hole of the table and then pull out the main screw of the ball joint from the table.
    -Separate the axel from the spindle by pulling the spindle toward you and by pushing with the other had the axel toward the tranny.
    -Now you have access to the ball joint and you can replace it.
    -Dont forget to replace any seal from the axel and DO NOT pull to hard on the axel when you will separate it from the spindle or you will dismentle the inside of the axel and will have to rebuild it for 60$ (I made that mistake!!!)
    -Unscrew the spindle from the suspention : the 2 big bolts.
    -Unscrew the ABS sensor from the spindle. See on the top of the spindle there is a little bolt.
    -Once you have the spidle in your hand, revert it and take out the ball joint from the hole.
    -To put the new ball joint you will need to buy a piece off metal hose plumbing (6$ at RONA) enought big to put it on the top of the new ball joint and hit on it (on eache side of the new ball joint) with a hammer to enter the new ball joint in the hole.
    -Be sure to put some oil on the hole before and to align properly the ball joint with the 2 holes for the 2 bolts.
    -At the end, do the reverse process.

I hope it helps!
    S60 T5

3 downpipes installés!

Commentaire

ball joint DIY

send me your e-mail and I'll send you a "ball joint DIY" for V70 2001-2007. I'm sure it's the same way for XC90.

pascal e-mail: jazzmercier@hotmail.com

Commentaire

Chargement...
      X