• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• DENSO Spark Plugs 2008 XC90 3.2L

Hey Guys,

I have a 2008 XC90 3.2L AWD with 75,000kms

Cars run fine and fuel consumption per kms is OK.

What kms this engine need to replace the spark plugs as maintenance?

I am going to order the Oil, Air & Fuel filter for my next maitenance and I dont know if I need to order the spark plugs too.

What factory type of plugs do this engine use? Regular, Platinum or Iridium?

I was doing a search for DENSO and found all these plugs work for my engine, but I am not sure which one to order. I am not trying to buy the cheapest ones, but something that will give the same or better perfomance as the volvo ones
    • STD - Long # K20HR-U11|O.E. Recommended Resistor Plug with Patented U-Groove Design
    • Iridium Long-Life - Long # SK20HR11 Iridium Long Life - Patented Iridium Alloy Plug (90% Ir) with Platinum Ground Strap
    • Platinum TT - Long # PKH20TT Platinum TT Plug - Twin-Tip Technology Platinum Center Electrode & Titanium Enhanced Ground Strap
    • Iridium TT -Long # IKH20TT Iridium TT - Ultimate Endurance and Power, 0.4mm Iridium and 0.7mm Platinum Twin-Tip Technology
    • Iridium Power - Long # IKH20 Iridium Power - Performance Upgrade World's Smallest Center Electrode (0.4 mm Dia.) & Tapered Tip Patented U-Groove Design & Patented Ir Alloy (90% Ir)

THX

Isaac

Plug are due at 120k, I would recommend Volvo OEM. They were made to Volvo's specifications for this particular engine, why would you put a generic plug instead?
    15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
    Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
    1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Envoyé par rj240 Voir le message
      Plug are due at 120k, I would recommend Volvo OEM. They were made to Volvo's specifications for this particular engine, why would you put a generic plug instead?
      Hello Rj240,

Thanks for your fast reply

You mean 120K miles o Kilometers? :scratch:

Regarding the spark plugs, I asume some brand like NGK, DENSO or other Generic brand made the spark plugs for Volvo, so if I can get the same or better for less price is not a bad idea.

Also, is my undertanding that the engine electronics in my car are made by Denso, is this correct? So why not use Denso plugs?

Thanks for your time and help

Regards,

Isaac

Commentaire

120 000kms

Of course Volvo doesn't manufacture their own spark plugs, someone makes them for Volvo. However, the ones that are generally available are not necessarily the same as the ones that are packaged for Volvo.

I don't know why the headache, simply buy the ones available at Volvo that are made specfically for your engine. Many have tried to go the generic route, and most find that the Genuine Volvo plugs are the best...
        15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
        Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
        1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Her Rj240

Thx for the info.

My car has only 75,000 KMS so the good news is that I have plenty of time before I need to change them. I mostly do 5,000 kms per year.

I will only order the Oil, Air & Fuel filter.

THX

Isaac

Commentaire

Isaac, go for the volvo stuff. Their plugs are long-lasting and will outperform any other.
            Been there done that.
            Wagon Mafia / Black Sapphire Duo :
            2007 V70 2.5T 109k KM
            2005 XC70 R 226k KM - Lady's toy
            ---------------------------------------------
            XC70 '05 "Gros pieds" -- VENDU
            S70 '99 LPT "Blackie" -- VENDU
            S70 '98 NA "Pearly" -- VENDU
            740 '90 B230F "Rusty" -- VENDU

Commentaire

Chargement...
            X