Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Timing slightly off 1996 850 2.4 B5252

I had to change the timing belt pulleys looking for a squeek, now I changed them, and when I was aligning the belt the cams moved off their position, equally because the belt was in place but not installed completely, there was slack with no tension (obviously). I then noticed that there are no marks on the cam pulleys to use as reference for Top dead center... Neither is there a mark on the block for TDC, there is on the crank though.

Now I sit back and realize I was stupid for not marking it. Putting that aside...

The car is running but you can feel the timing is off, the car runs like its cammed, without being cammed and the performance took a dip.

My question, How do I align my cams to TDC without reference marks... The cam cover has them but not the pulleys. And the crank shaft damper has a mark but not the block or the cover..

I checked before starting the car by placing the engine at about TDC manually on the crankshaft. Then placing a long screw driver into cylinder #1 to tune in, then checking the placement of the rotor by removing the cap and checking if it was at cylinder #1. It was all good, but if its a tooth off, how do you know in which direction!
    Dirty South Meets
    1997 Volvo 854

There is 2 slots ( very small on the pulleys ) , u got to align them with the notches on the belt cover , and the crank with the mark on the oil pump housing !!
    1966 VOLVO 122S !! Get ready ! something fast and low !
    1992 Nissan Silvia !! New Toy For Big Boy ( rb26 swap )
    1992 NISSAN GTi-R
    -->Services Volvo Heaven Tuning Shop<--

Commentaire

the crank shaft is what I was missing! I went to look again and I see the marks on the pulleys now, not as evident as the Turbo engines are....You really gotta look for them.

I'll take this apart again soon and realign them
      Dirty South Meets
      1997 Volvo 854

Commentaire

Ok so I realigned it, saw the marks on the pulleys, that was all good. But as for the crank, I never found any marks close to what TDC actually is. I stuck a screwdriver down the sleeve of cylinder #1 and brought it to TDC

So the engine is running not bad, I found out I have a worn cap and rotor I ordered that but I havnt received them yet, I changed the plugs last night.

Now this morning to my surprise on cold start the car was running rough, very slow to rev up, did not want to take its gas, the engine was acting as if it was flooded and the car did not fast idle. After about 20 seconds and by giving it a few pedals of gas it started to run properly, but the car does not have much power.. I figure the timing is still off! But how?

I didnt check the gap on the new plugs before I installed them, I ordered autolites from the auto parts, 1 prong instead of the 3 prongs that were in there. Would the spark plugs play a role in this?
        Dirty South Meets
        1997 Volvo 854

Commentaire

any ideas?

car ran 5x worse tonight with the intense rain, nooo power at all on the highway, downshift and the RPM needle didnt budge under full load :S

But it ran great this afternoon when it was clear.

I'm beginning to think ordering that new cap was a fantastic idea!
          Dirty South Meets
          1997 Volvo 854

Commentaire

sa for the turbo every one sayes to put in oem, also how are the wires for your car??
            have you cleaned out your iac valve?

also for your plug wires i just ordered some for a friend and does not like them so he may sell them and you could save a little.

http://www.kingsbornewires.com/produ...&categoryId=71

brian

Commentaire

put a timing light on it,you should see how many degres the crank is off

Commentaire

you guys are thinking the same as me, the wiring.

What didnt your friend like those wires? If he is willing to sell I am interested.
                Dirty South Meets
                1997 Volvo 854

Commentaire

The wires are for sale.

Commentaire

I changed the wires with no improvement, today I mentioned this to one of my colleges, and he told me to do a compression test because he thinks I bent a valve having the timing off.
                    Dirty South Meets
                    1997 Volvo 854

Commentaire

Envoyé par swedish_metal Voir le message
                      I changed the wires with no improvement, today I mentioned this to one of my colleges, and he told me to do a compression test because he thinks I bent a valve having the timing off.
                      very possible if the belt skiped ..... that what sucks about volvo !!
                      1966 VOLVO 122S !! Get ready ! something fast and low !
                      1992 Nissan Silvia !! New Toy For Big Boy ( rb26 swap )
                      1992 NISSAN GTi-R
                      -->Services Volvo Heaven Tuning Shop<--

Commentaire

Chargement...
                      X