Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• que sur jantes pour ma volvo (16")..rim question...not sure

Hi guys, well it's been about a month or so that i had the winter tires with steel rims installed. I'm still having a slight vibration at the wheel and can also be heard in the cabin. I asked my mech about the rims when i got them, cause i'm sure that they're not the right ones for my 2006 v70. They are 5 bolt but don't have the extra little hole for the screw that holds the disc with the hub. he said you don't need the screw and removed it. I was looking at "Volvo" rims and they do have the extra hold...here are the numbers that are stamped on the rim :
    VOV516004
    16X6.5
    52.5 63.3
    5/105
    my tire size is:
    215/55/r16

so, do i really need that little screw that goes into the hub?
    can the vibration be caused by wrong size rims?
    can it also be my bearing (hub) that needs to be replace?
    thanks
    fabs

I assume that you don't have original Volvo rims - I would check the center bore of your aftermarket rim. The screw is not important, but the centerbore is. Verify that the centerbore of the rim fits exactly over the hub, and there is not a gap. This gap would be the cause of your vibration...

What car is this for? If I go by your tire size, then you have an S80.

Wrong sized (dimension) rims would not cause a vibration, but a larger centerbore or a bent or damaged rim definetly could...

Have you verified the rest of your suspension/steering? Tie rods, ball joints, bearing? Any of these could be the cause of your vibration...

Was the vibration there before you installed the rims?

More information would help us to help you...
    15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.
    Visitez notre site: Pieces.VolvoPointeClaire.com

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

2005 V50 T5M AWD Rouge - Vendu
    1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

hi Rj..i have a 2006 V70 2.5T....the rims i got where brand new with my nokian hakka 5 studded tires. when i got the car i had 17 inch mags that came with it and i didn't notice the vibration. When i had the winters installed i also had the upper tie rods (from dealer) installed and the 2 table bushings done (on each front side...aaftermarked parts)...and from that point i felt it. I know studded tires make noise but shouldn't vibrate.
      the center bore is okay, there is an ever so slight bit of play...i mean if it was any tighter, it would be tight to get that rim to go on the hub. They where new (rims) and i don't think they where damaged. I've gotten 2 balances and alignements done (same garage) to no avail....I'm also having some tranny issues (got software updates done, upper engine mount changed and going this will for a valve body change).
      If lets say the offset is off on these rims can it cause the vibration)?
      .let me know.thanks
      fabs

Commentaire

Wrong offset wouldn't cause the vibration...

I would take it to another garage and have the balancing checked on the tires...maybe their machine is out of calibration.

If the rims and tires were new, and the centerbore is tight, then that shouldn't be the cause of the vibration.

The tire size is not the recommended size by Volvo (205/55/16), but it's not really a big deal...

I would say that it's either the tires/rims out of balance or there is still something thet needs attention in the steering/suspension.

Try swapping the fronts to the rear and see if the vibration follows the tires.

If not, then it is something in your suspension/steering that is causing the vibration..
        15% de rabais sur les pièces d'origine chez Volvo Pointe-Claire pour les membres CVQ VIP.

2012 C70 T5 Electric Silver - Polestar Tune, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo Engineering ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Heico spoiler lips

1998 S70 T5M Noir - 239whp/317wtq (Previous setup) - Liste des modifications - RIP

Commentaire

Hey Rj how are you..i will check it out and maybe go to another garage to have them checked out. What i thought of doing (not sure if it would work, the mags are heavier), is to put on my summer mags and run with them on and see if it vibrates, if not, then i know it has to do with the tires/rims?????
          let me know if my theory works.
          thanks
          fabs

Commentaire

Of course that will work...just don't get caught driving on those summer tires!

Commentaire

Hey Rj, i should try swapping the front for back, to narrow it down, and ya i'll try not to get pinched by the friends SQ..hahaha where abouts are you? i'm out in the west-island...ciao
              fabs

Commentaire

any ideas as to where i can snag a used, good pair of volvo rims?
                fabs

Commentaire

do you work at volvo pointe claire btw?

Commentaire

Yes, I do work at Volvo Pointe-Claire...

We occasionally come across customer who are selling their rims and/or tires then giving up their car. I will keep a look out for you if you like...otherwise there are used rims that come up occasionally. Try the "For sale" section of this forum, as well as Kijiji, or LesPAC...

Start by swapping the fronts and rears or your summers and go from there...it will help you narrow down your problem...

Commentaire

RJ thanks will do...
                      chec your PM...thanks
                      fabs

Commentaire

Chargement...
                      X