Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Ram air/heat shield

Got some stuff done today, finished the ram air/heat shield today... I didn`t really make it to actually reflect heat but more to contain the cold air from the ram air around the filter instead of having it blow everywhere around the engine bay...

I actually got inspiration from this DIY air box for a Ford Lightning, the guy made it with a 10$ rubbermaid garbage can :lol:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/lig...ir-intake.html

only diffrence is I used an OEM volvo part as a startig point instead of a garbage can... it's the trunk battery cover found on P2 V70s... So my shield has a volvo part number

after some choping and a few holes

a few anodised brakets and some pop rivets

voila

made this more as a template to make a nicer one with aluminium sheet metal eventually...

Bolted every thing nice and tight, put the diverter back on and a few odds and ends

next step is to instal the new XC90 Spring seats and I'm all set for the summer

oh ya I also shaved the slash mounting points from the grill, sanded down the hole thing and re-painted

That's it for now folks...

Next week I will be ordering my new wheels, I'm pretty sure they will be one of if not the first set made for a Volvo, pretty excited about them... will post pics when I get them... keeping the make and model under raps until I get them

V70 T5-M 2002
    stock... looking.
Chargement...
X